CoastCon 41 Fan Groups – Be part of the Best of the South!!!!
Are you a Fan Group looking to obtain a space at CoastCon 41? In an effort to promote our community and our fans CoastCon will have a number of tables available for official, unofficial, local and regional Fan groups, conventions, charities and similar Fan organizations. These booths & tables give the groups a chance to promote their organizations, conventions and/or events to Gulf Coast Fans. If your group is interested in applying for space, it’s simple – Send an email with your name, club/group/convention name and a contact email before January 1,
If your group is interested in applying for space, it’s simple – Send an email with your name, club/group/convention name and a contact email before January 1, 2018 to our CoastCon Fan Liaison – Dreux Blalock at email@example.com and he will contact you about the convention. Don’t assume CoastCon is familiar with your group- please take a few minutes in the email to tell us your name, your group/club’s name, your contact information and a little bit about your club/group- things such as are you a fan club, group or convention, how long you have been around as a group, what is your major fandom focus, what kind of events does your group/club/convention host, etc. All that information is important in how the clubs/groups looking for a table/memberships get pre-approved- particularly all the “additional information” you can provide.
NOTE: If you have received a table at CoastCon in the past you must still contact us for 2018 consideration. Again, these tables are free, but they are limited in number and must be reserved in advance. Also, because tables are limited and the slots for them run out quickly- please confirm your attendance before the deadline [January 1, 2018].
Some other general guidelines:
- Again, to reserve a fan table, email Fan Liaison – Dreux Blalock via firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and do so before the deadline. Please include the name of your organization, contact information, a rough idea of what you plan to be promoting (if it isn’t obvious), and any other needs/requests [such as power].
- Each table comes with two complimentary memberships. Additional memberships can be arranged on a case by case basis.
- CoastCon requests that in addition to manning a table during the weekend, each fan club also offers at least two hours of programming for the convention. This programming can be contests, panels, workshops or similar events and can even be run from your table.
- Fan-tables should be continuously staffed during regular convention hours on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday hours. You can make arrangements with the Fan Liaison to set-up earlier on Thursday and/or leave early on Sunday if needed. The Convention Hall hours are Friday, Noon – 7:00 PM; Saturday, 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM; Sunday, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- In deference to our dealers and exhibitors, who pay for the privilege, no general merchandise sales are permitted at fan tables. You can sell logo merchandise from your organization, raffle tickets for special prizes/activities, your own event passes, and other items made exclusively for and by your club or organization. Violators will be warned the first time, the second time you will lose your table for this year.
- The Internet will be available. You can get wireless internet at the show online from the convention center.
- Please let us know if you have a large banner, wall hanging and/or other display; we’ll try to accommodate you within the limits of our available space.
- Table placement will be at the sole discretion of the convention. The best advice: try to arrive early! Tables are generally given out on a first come, first served basis.
Any questions, feel free to ask by emailing Fan Liaison – Dreux Blalock via email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you there!!!!!