1. A current CoastCon badge admits one person, whose name appears on the badge (hereafter referred to as Member), to all basic functions and events at CoastCon during the regularly scheduled hours of the day(s) for which it was purchased. By accepting and wearing a badge, and in consideration of being admitted to CoastCon, the Member hereby releases CoastCon Inc., its Staff, Volunteers, and Agents from any liability for loss, damage, or injuries of any kind, and agrees to comply with all rules and regulations of CoastCon.
2. Badges must be worn at or above the waist, in front; it must be visible at all times during CoastCon functions. Your badge is proof of membership–without it, you will not be allowed in any CoastCon area, nor will you be allowed to vote at the General Membership Meeting. There are no exceptions.
3. Badges are not refundable or exchangeable for any reason, except as dictated by the CoastCon By-laws. Membership will not be transferred once the badge has been created. Badge sharing is not allowed, Badges are the property of CoastCon Inc. If a badge is lost, a new badge must be purchased. If the old badge is found, the second badge can be returned for a refund if done in a timely manner at the event.
4. There will be a $40 charge on all checks returned to CoastCon Inc, for any reason.
5. CoastCon Inc., Staff, Volunteers, and Agents assume no liability for theft, loss, and damage to any personal property.
6. Any weapons worn or carried into or through any CoastCon area, including weapons bought during the event, must be peace-bound, so that it may not be drawn. Anyone carrying a weapon that is not peace-bound will be escorted to Gopher Command for that purpose. Weapons that are not peace-bondable cannot be carried at CoastCon.
7. No smoking will be allowed in any of the CoastCon areas. No smoking will be allowed near the entrance to the host hotel and in all designated Non-smoking areas of the host hotel.
8. Some events prohibit minors and/or photography. Violators will be asked to leave.
9. Vandalism of CoastCon or its host facility(s)’ property and/or theft of any kind WILL BE PROSECUTED to the fullest extent of the law.
10. CoastCon is held in a public place and we try to provide a safe, fun environment. Dress, speak, and act properly at all times. Be courteous and respectful to ALL CoastCon members AND other host facility(s) guests. Also
remember that nudity is not a costume option; anyone wearing a costume judged by the Governing Committee to be too revealing will be asked to change.
11. CoastCon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free Event experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, or affiliation. We do not tolerate harassment of convention participants in any form. Convention participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled per the CoastCon By-laws. If you need to report an issue, you may do so by going to either the security booth or registration.
12. By signing these rules and/or wearing a membership badge, the Member consents to being recorded for exhibition in all media. Members also hereby authorize and permit CoastCon Inc and its designees to use his/her name, voice, information, and likeness and all reproductions thereof in all media forms for all purposes of CoastCon Inc. in perpetuity.
13. No cameras, food, nor drink is allowed in the Art Show. Anyone who damages any art in the Art Show will be required to pay for the damaged piece.
14. Any Member who does not provide CoastCon Inc. with valid and legible contact information (i.e. e-mail address) willingly forfeits all rights of notification dictated by the CoastCon Inc. Bylaws.
15. CoastCon Inc reserves the right to amend, revise, add to, or subtract from these rules as deemed necessary by situation, or for reasonable cause before CoastCon. Such changes will be conveyed to CoastCon Members in writing at registration. Any changes will be considered as binding as existing rules.